Do you have a home that is considered a smart home? Or perhaps you are trying to turn your home into a smart home? When this is the case, one of the first things that probably changed was the type of lock on the door. Long gone are the days of deadbolts and using a key! Now, doors can be unlocked before you even get out of your car, or they can be unlocked to let someone into your home when you are halfway across the globe. dtconsultations Many people are opting for smart locks on their homes as they find that they are more secure, and they simply love the technology that is being used. So, how do you choose the best smart locks for your home?
Features of the Best Smart Locks
When you are looking for the best smart locks on the market to outfit your home, there are several features that you are going to want to look for.
1. What security features does this smart lock have? Many of these locks are boasting extra security features like built in alarms if there is any tampering with the physical lock on the door. There are also those that have auto-lock technology that ensures that no matter what your door is always locked, even if you forget to lock it.
2. How easy is this to access? You want a lock that is going to give you options. For example, if your phone is set to control the lock, what happens when your battery dies? You want to be able to have some type of backup that will allow you to still get into your home.
3. What is the warranty on the lock? You will find that the higher the warranty, often the better the lock is. Those that only include a short warranty may not be as dependable when it comes to the long haul of your lock.
4. Consider the residential security grade of the lock. You will find that there is a grading system, much like when you were in school. A C is good, but a B is better, while an A is the best. You will find that some locks get a triple A which puts it as the best of the best.
5. Is this lock going to be weather durable? After all, the door in which this locks may be facing a lot of different weather whether this is sun and moisture from rain or snow. You want something that is going to be weather tough and still work properly.
6. Is there guest entry options with this lock? This is something that is a personal consideration, but if you have a lot of guests entering into your home, can you give them their own code to unlock and lock the door. It can give you a bit more power over who enters and leaves into the home.
Overall, when shopping for the best smart locks, you are going to be bombarded with options. However, choose the one that best suits your individual needs.